Which Country Sends the Most International Students to the US?
It's no secret that the United States is a global hub for higher education, attracting students from all corners of the world. But which countries send the most international students to the US? Let's dive into the numbers based on the official ranking from ‘Prosperity for America’:
- China: With the largest population in the world, it's no surprise that China tops the list. Chinese students come to the US in significant numbers to pursue various degrees and gain exposure to diverse cultures.
- India: India consistently ranks high on the list. Indian students are drawn to US universities for their academic excellence and research opportunities.
- South Korea: South Korea is another prominent contributor to the international student community in the US. Students from South Korea seek quality education and the chance to develop their English skills.
- Canada: Although geographically close to the US, Canada also sends a substantial number of students to its southern neighbor. They often choose US institutions for their academic prestige.
- Vietnam: Vietnam rounds out the top five. Vietnamese students come to the US for various reasons, including quality education, the chance to improve their English, and exposure to diverse perspectives.
At Schiller International University, we welcome students from around the world, including those from the countries mentioned above. Our globally focused curriculum, experiential learning opportunities, and multiple campuses across Europe and the US make us a good choice for international students seeking a well-rounded education with a cross-cultural perspective.
Whether you come from China, India, South Korea, Canada, Vietnam, or any other part of the world, Schiller provides an inclusive and enriching environment where you can thrive academically and personally.
Join our diverse community and embark on a journey of global education and cultural immersion.