Can I transfer from an international university to a US university?
Yes, it is possible to transfer from an international university to a US university. Many US universities accept transfer students from around the world, providing an opportunity to continue your education in the United States.
Several universities, such as Schiller International University, welcome transfer students from international universities who wish to continue their education in the United States. We understand the value of a global education and the benefits it brings to students' personal and professional growth. So, when you transfer to Schiller, you'll not only keep studying in the USA living in different countries, but also join a diverse community of students from around the world and experience our dynamic learning environment.
To initiate the transfer process, you can start by researching our programs and admission requirements. Our admissions team will guide you through the application process, including the submission of your transcripts and other necessary documents. We will also evaluate your credits to determine the courses that can be transferred towards your degree at Schiller.
Is it possible to transfer my credits from an international university to a US university?
Yes, it is possible to transfer your credits from an international university to a US university. However, the acceptance of transfer credits is subject to the policies and regulations of the receiving institution. Each university has its own specific guidelines for evaluating transfer credits.
At Schiller, we have a dedicated transfer admission team that is ready to assist you throughout the process. We accept transfer credits from accredited international institutions, evaluating each course on a case-by-case basis to determine its transferability. This enables us to provide you with a personalized pathway to maximize the value of your prior studies and accelerate your degree completion.
What is the process for transferring from an international university to a US university?
The process for transferring from an international university to a US university typically involves the following steps:
- Research: Start by researching US universities that offer programs in your field of study and have transfer admission options.
- Check requirements: Review the transfer admission requirements of the US universities you are interested in. This may include minimum GPA requirements, prerequisite courses, and English language proficiency tests.
- Application: Complete the transfer application for the US university of your choice. Provide all required documentation, including transcripts, course descriptions, and letters of recommendation.
- Transcript evaluation: The US university will evaluate your international transcript to determine the transferability of your credits. They may require an official transcript evaluation from a recognized credential evaluation agency.
- Credit transfer: If your credits are deemed transferable, the US university will inform you of the amount of credit that will be accepted towards your degree program. This may vary depending on the similarity of the courses and the accreditation of the international institution.
If you are interested in our university implementing this process or have any doubts about it, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our admission team will be happy to answer all your questions!