Master’s Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy
March 27, 2023
All Knowledge Areas
Are you interested in international conflicts or so concerned about the welfare of society that you are wondering what you can study to be able to work for the UN or other international organizations? You are in the right place! Our Master's Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy could be perfect for you, and we are here to answer any questions you may have.
The world is facing constant changes: globalization, digitalization, climate change... And in order to control these new elements international relations play a fundamental role, because effective leaders are needed to meet all these challenges. Professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage the tools that allow us to build a better world: politically, socially, and economically.
Our Master's Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy is the bridge that will connect you to what it takes to become a professional who is prepared to face global issues, giving you a global vision of the world. A world in which you will no longer be a mere spectator, but instead play a decisive role in decision-making, ready to make a real impact, and inspire other leaders.
What can you expect from an international relations and diplomacy master’s degree?
Our Master's in International Relations is an interdisciplinary academic program that prepares you to meet international challenges on a global scale. You will be able to:
- Lead projects in governmental and non-governmental organizations, and in international businesses. And to be able to struggle with global issues, such as climate change, the financial crisis or terrorism.
- Face international conflicts and develop your career in fields such as journalism, control agencies, or NGOs.
- Understand foreign policy, research, and development projects that help combat the political, cultural, legal, and socioeconomic issues that shape our increasingly interdependent and complex world.
- Develop effective real-world solutions to resolve international conflicts based on data analysis and theoretical applications.
- Become a leader who promotes global diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism, capable of analyzing its impact to achieve cross-cultural cooperation.
- Positively impact the world by fostering ethical awareness and responsible citizenship.
The Master's Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy is for you if…
- You dream of working at the UN or in international organizations to promote diversity, cross-cultural understanding, encourage equality, and make a difference from within.
- You care about international conflicts and would like to share ideas, create, and develop effective solutions to help build a better world.
- You want to work in an NGO (or start your own) and lead projects that bring real improvements to society. You want to be the change the world is claiming for.
- You want to learn about, analyze, and develop solutions to foreign policy problems, and be able to influence them, and to make a real positive impact on societies.
Why is a Master’s Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy worth studying?
Today's political and economic problems transcend borders, and, thanks to globalization, they do so much faster. From historic wars to the current political, social, and economic conflicts that are happening every day. If you want to make a difference, to go above and beyond, and build a better world, this degree is for you!
Why should you study for this master's degree?
- You will become an agent of political and social change: As a professional in international relations, you will be able to resolve conflicts and make decisions that impact the world at a social, political, and economic level.
- You will gain a comprehensive understanding of how the world works: You will learn firsthand about the issues that occupy the international agenda. You will also get to know the diverse cultures, societies, and interests of most of the world's countries.
- You will work on changing the world for the better: You will become a fundamental part of the fight against inequality and poverty, and the fight for development and the democratization of education, health and food.
- You will acquire a professional profile in high demand at the global level: International relations careers have acquired a great deal of business potential. So much so that according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the professional profiles of International Relations and Diplomacy have a projected market growth of +9%, with +7,6K projected jobs.
Are you looking for a university for international relations and diplomacy?
At Schiller International University, Schiller, we want you to dare to dream big. Through this program, we will guide you so that you can become a professional capable of dealing with technological, religious, ethnolinguistic, and humanitarian concerns, as well as the more traditional areas of diplomatic affairs.
We care about providing you with a quality higher education that prepares you to face the real world. How? Through an innovative methodology that takes your learning to a higher level: The Real Global Learning Experience.
- Experiential learning: The world changes every second, and classical learning methodologies must be complemented by connecting students with real challenges and experience, bringing the real world into the classroom and applying experiential learning activities.
- Global employability oriented: We want you to be part of the current debates in international relations, and we want to train the employable professionals the world needs. We focus on developing all the professional skills you need to connect with the working world from day one.
- 4 international campuses: Study from an international perspective to become a smart global professional. We have 4 international campuses in the USA, Spain, France, and Germany, so that you can study around the world and boost your global mindset.
- Monthly methodology: Our course format consists of studying one topic per month so that you can put all your efforts into acquiring the knowledge and skills within one specific course topic at a time - you decide when and where to start.
Acquire advanced training and knowledge in finance, law, history, philosophy, theology, politics, and diplomacy that can be applied in your day-to-day work as a professional in international relations - you will be more than prepared to be an agent of global change!
You will be prepared to achieve whatever you set your mind to, no matter how high your expectations may be.