What is an MBA (Master of Business Administration)?
December 13, 2022
Are you thinking about studying for an MBA, but you're not sure if it's for you? Stay and read on, we'll answer all your questions here.
A Master in Business Administration (MBA) is a master's degree that enables you to develop managerial, financial, and leadership skills, build innovative ideas, work with large volumes of data and lead businesses and/or companies in senior management positions.
This is your opportunity to become the professional you always wanted to be. Specialize in Business Administration, improve your knowledge, expand your network of contacts, access more and better jobs, acquire new perspectives on business (and life), travel to other countries, and get more job opportunities, with better conditions.
Do it now, your future self will thank you.
What will you learn in an MBA?
With a Master of Business Administration degree, you will learn about Accounting, Business Strategy, Communication, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Ethics, Finance, Management and Leadership, Marketing, Operations, and Statistics. These are taught globally so that they can be used in any type of business. Then you can apply them across the board, in different areas of a company.
You will also acquire skills to encourage and promote innovation in various projects, develop critical and strategic thinking for decision-making, and learn to apply advanced management in the use of information and communication technologies.
An MBA is for you if...
- You are interested in occupying a managerial position within a company.
- You are interested in working as a business leader.
- You have or plan to open a business/company.
- You want to improve your professional network.
Benefits of studying an MBA: salary and employability
If you are looking simply to broaden your knowledge and employability, and you are not or do not plan to be in a managerial position in a leading company, this may not be for you. At least not at The Global University, Schiller.
We often hear questions about whether it is worth studying an MBA, and whether it will improve your salary and working conditions. But that's relative. It all depends on what you want to do in the future.
It is quite likely that with an MBA on your CV you will secure very important interviews. But the most important thing is that you know how to apply all your knowledge in the development of a business. It's not just about memorizing lines and lines of text from books, rather it's about being a global leader, capable of offering effective solutions to real problems. And to do that, you need to have real contact with companies.
As for salary, if you study for an MBA, it has been proven that professionals can improve their salary by up to 125%, according to a report by the Financial Times. Of course, it will always depend on how well you apply the knowledge acquired in the Master's program to the company’s daily life.
Note that demand for professional profiles with a Master of Business Administration has increased worldwide year after year, indicating that it will continue to do so. Employers know that students possess skills and knowledge that shape them into professionals who are capable of making decisions, assuming responsibilities, working in teams, assuming leadership, and communicating correctly right from the start. All of these are essential skills for any organization, both now and in the future.
Studying an MBA will be the gateway to your growth, your career, and, of course, your employability. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, projected employment growth in Business and Finance between 2020 and 2030 will be more than 8%, generating some 750,000 new jobs in various areas such as Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Investment and Development.
Why study an MBA at The Global American University, Schiller?
At The Global American University, Schiller, we are revolutionizing this system and taking it one step further by making your Master in Business Administration degree a Real Global Learning Experience.
There are four reasons, and that’s what we're talking about:
- Solid Fundamentals: Acquire solid fundamentals and the most important business and communication skills and practices for international markets to apply them to the real world. Our Master in Business Administration degree is global employability oriented.
- Learn through real challenges: In this MBA, you will learn through real challenges with international startups, to develop the top most sought after skills and innovative knowledge. Our entire educational system is based on real challenges with real companies, where you will learn to put some of the most innovative methodologies in the business market into practice, such as Design Thinking, Lean Startup, or Agile, which are used in the day-to-day business of real companies. You will be a professional before you even finish your Master’s in Business Administration.
- Multicampus experiences: Transfer between our 4 international campuses, learning-by-living immersed in multiple international realities, expand your network of contacts and see yourself in other realities. Study the MBA abroad in up to four different countries: USA, Spain, France, Germany, boost your global mindset to the fullest, and get an accredited and worldwide recognized master's degree.
- Specialization in entrepreneurship by EDEM: Tailor your experience to become the best version of yourself. Discover, design, and develop the professional profile that best suits your goals. Complement your program with a certificate of specialization in entrepreneurship, the perfect addition to your unique global profile that will open the door to the world together with one of the best international schools. All while taking advantage of our partnerships with companies to take your education to the next level. Add to your MBA program Professional Practitioner Certifications in some of the most in-demand tools in the market today, such as Amazon Web Services, SAP or SAS. Make a real difference in your profile.
Don't settle for being just another number, dare to take the plunge with The Global American University, Schiller. Become an ambitious leader ready to disrupt the market. We accompany you on this path to make you the best version of yourself.