How You Can Set Yourself Apart to Work For The Best Global Companies
February 15, 2023
All Knowledge Areas
If you’re thinking about your professional future, starting your career and hitting the job market, or how to choose the right path to achieve your goals, you’re in the right place.
We’re sure you've asked yourself hundreds of times what you should study if you want to work in a renowned company - you might even be wondering how you could get a job at top companies like Google, or Tesla. In fact it's not as complicated as it might seem, and you can achieve what it is you’ve set your mind to.
It’s key that the educational training you choose is linked to a booming and up-to-date sector. Today, the latest Adecco Employment Report shows that the fastest-growing sectors are those related to technology, information, digital marketing, sustainability, and innovation in business.
With globalization constantly growing, you’re getting closer and closer to a job in a multinational company such as Google, Tesla, Amazon, or IBM. Companies currently need and will need more and more specialized professionals to meet the various challenges that arise. Here's how to become an ideal candidate.
Improve your professional career with an outstanding education
Here are some of the key factors that will make your education the fundamental basis for a successful career in a leading company:
- A good academic record and handling languages fluently will help you perform in the labor market as a real expert. And if you also have a postgraduate or master's degree, that's a plus! Companies increasingly value a prestigious resume.
- Continuous training is crucial. You need to keep moving forward, falling behind is not an option. From a master's degree or course to learning how to use the tools that the market demands. Be sure to keep yourself up to date and grow your resume whenever you can, keeping it updated and meeting all your professional goals on an ongoing basis.
- Gain experience and develop skills, especially in educational systems that focus on teaching you how the real world works. For companies, it’s not only important that you have a university education, but that you also have the necessary skills and know how to put the knowledge you’ve acquired into practice.
In short, a quality education helps you to grow professionally, and prepares you for that job you really want. You’ll be unstoppable!
What Should You Study if You Want to Work in a Big Company?
Depending on which particular company or industry you’re interested in, different study paths may be of interest. A Bachelor’s in Computer Science, a Master's in Software and App Development perhaps, or you might want to start with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Marketing, and then build on it by following up with and MBA or MBA in International Business.
The secret is not only in what you choose to study, but also in the skills and experiences you acquire. At Schiller International University, we understand the importance of helping you to become a well-prepared, competitive professional who’s fully equipped to face the demands of today’s labor market. The aim is for you to become a Smart Global Professional. But how?
- Through Experiential Learning: Spending hours at your desk or reading endless manuals is not an option. The secret of learning lies in acquiring concepts and at the same time learning how to apply them. Working with companies and their real challenges, which helps you to fully appreciate what they’re currently facing.
- Develop your professional skills in our partner companies: Learn side by side with professionals and gain all the skills you’ll need for the real working world.
- Be international: Study around the world, open your mind to new knowledge, and learn from other cultures and people.
We focus on your employability, which is why we provide you with all the tools you need to become an outstanding professional!
Success Stories from Schiller International University
Our alumni reflect the high-quality education and commitment to employability that we offer at Schiller International University, and we are proud to recognize their journeys and showcase their professional growth.
Among the companies, our graduates work for are Amazon, Deloitte, IBM, and JPMorgan Chase & Co. Some have felt so happy with us that they’ve decided to stay on and work at Schiller International University.
- Gabriel Giesen is an International Business Schiller alumnus and successful entrepreneur. As the founder of Chapnik & Giesen, he grew from a €55,000 company with two members of staff to a €15 million company with 150 employees in three years.
- Alberto Putin graduated from Schiller Madrid in December 1995 with a major in international business and marketing. He has developed a successful career at his family’s century-old business, IPIAC, where he is currently the CEO.
- In 2016, Vicky Martin Berrocal founded her own design company which she defines as a brand for brides, bridesmaids, and wedding guests. Today, Victoria has branches in Seville, Madrid, and Valencia. Furthermore, her collections are distributed through more than 80 multi-brand points both within Spain and internationally.
- Sonia Alegre, an International Economics graduate from the Class of 2000 Heidelberg, also studied at the Paris and Madrid campuses. She’s a Marketing, PR, and Communications consultant working for Freedom Finance Europe Ltd.
We know that experiential, hands-on education is the stepping stone to becoming a top global professional.
At Schiller International University, we want to help you achieve your goals. Work at companies like Microsoft or Meta, build a career at Amazon or start your own company. Because anything is possible if you fight for it, and you could be the next one to find your dream job.