Student Resources Paris | Schiller International University Skip to main content Skip to footer

Student Resources

Welcome to the first step of your academic journey. Every successful journey involves preparation and planning and this site is designed to help you prepare for your time at Schiller. You will also find the global and campus contacts that can help you as you prepare. Be sure to check out your campus and to sign up for your Welcome Week. We are looking forward to meeting you very soon!

In order to enter France as a student, non EU-candidates must go to the French consulate of their country and present all required documents included admission letter from Schiller International University to apply for the student visa. For information on the necessary documents that students have to present upon request of a student visa for France, as well as the exact address of the nearest French Consulate from the student‘s country go HERE. Students can also contact their own embassy in France. Please note that students who come to France on a short-stay (tourist) visa, cannot change this to a long-stay visa while in France. Get your student visa before arriving in France (for non-EU citizens)! 

More information can be found here.  

For any questions regarding the visa application process, please contact us: 

Make sure to be informed on how the French healthcare system works. In order to obtain your residence permit (“Carte de Séjour”), you must produce proof that you are either covered by the French Social Security system or that you have arranged for individual medical coverage. This is called “couverture sociale”. The documentation required is a certificate from the insurance company which sets forth: – the company‘s name and the fact it is an insurance company (“raison sociale”) – your name and civil status (“état civil”) – the duration of the insurance policy – the risks covered (your insurance policy must cover at least doctor and hospital bills). 

All students are required to carry their own health care insurance and accident insurance. Coverage is required from the date of departure from their country of residence until their return there. The coverage must meet the requirements established by the The Admissions office will be pleased to help you choose the best type of insurance for your needs. The University cannot assume responsibility for students who fail to take out adequate medical insurance.  

The Paris Study Center does not have a student residence. However, SIU Paris has partnerships with two housing agencies: 

It Is Time to Pack and Prepare for the Trip

A packing list can help you remember to bring everything you need. Don’t forget to add things to help you feel at home. If your apartment has a kitchen, consider coordinating certain items with roommates to avoid crowding the kitchen with duplicate dishes and appliances.  

You can find more information within our Student Handbook

What do people think about Schiller International University

Schiller University partner for dual degrees: University of Roehampton London Logo
ACCSC Accreditation Logo
Comunidad de Madrid Accreditation Logo
evalag Accreditation Logo
U.S. Department of Education Accreditation Logo