Financial Aid

U.S. Federal Financial Aid

Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation.  Federal Student Aid is responsible for managing the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. These programs provide grant, work-study, and loan funds to students attending college or career school.

General eligibility requirements include that you have financial need, are a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen, and are enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program at your college or career school. There are more eligibility requirements you must meet to qualify for federal student aid. A list of federal financial aid programs, as well as eligibility information, is available on the U.S. Department of Education Student Aid website.  Review “Types of Aid” and “Financial Aid Eligibility” for more information.


Please contact the Financial Aid Department:

400 N. Tampa St. 
Suite 1700
Tampa, FL  33602

+1 (877) 298 - 9078

For financial aid questions:

For all other questions:

*US Federal Financial Aid is only applicable to US residents

Private Loans

Private loans are available to students who do not qualify for other types of financial assistance or who wish to defray educationally-related costs in excess of financial aid received from federal, state or other sources. Private loans are available to U.S. citizens, eligible non-citizens and also international students, at the discretion of the lender.

Some lenders will approve loans only to credit-worthy U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens, while others will approve loans for international students, provided they have a co-signer who is a credit-worthy U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.

Private loan programs are not affiliated with any federal financial assistance programs and are, therefore, generally more expensive. Approval of a private student loan application is based on creditworthiness, including debt-to-income ratio and credit history.

For more information about private loans, alternate lenders, and the application process, please visit Elm Resources.

Preferred Lender Agreement

The Financial Aid Office utilized Elm Resources as a loan comparison tool. You may borrow from any lender you choose and are not required to use a lender listed with Elm. Schiller International University will process eligible loans from any eligible lender you select.

Veterans Affairs Education Benefits

Schiller International University is approved for veterans training programs. Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits are designed to provide eligible individuals with an opportunity for educational growth. It is certainly one of the most valuable benefits afforded to veterans and qualifying dependents and should be wisely utilized.

To apply for Veteran Education benefits, please follow the steps below:


1. Apply for benefits online at

  • New students who have never used their education benefits, fill out the VA form 22-1990.
  • Transfer students who have used their benefits, fill out the VA Change of Place of Training form 22-5495.

2. Send a copy of the VA 22-1990 Application Form, Certificate of Eligibility, and a copy of your DD 214, to the Financial Aid/Veterans Services Office at:

Schiller International University

400 N. Tampa St.
Suite 1700 
Tampa, FL  33602

+1 (877) 298 - 9078

3. The Financial Aid/Veterans Services Office will electronically certify your enrollment online with the Government VA Department (processing time is currently running about 30 days).

4. It is your responsibility to notify the Financial Aid/Veterans Services Office if you drop a class, fail or withdraw from all classes or graduate.

All changes made after the initial applications or certifications are forwarded to the Atlanta Regional Office and should be brought to the attention of the Veterans Affairs Office so the change can be reported. The most common changes include:

  • Change in status of dependents
  • Change of address
  • Change in major
  • Changes in credit hours
  • Withdrawal from school
  • Anticipated change in place of training
  • Graduation

Failure to report changes may result in over or underpayment of VA benefits and it is the sole responsibility of a veteran to report changes. Changes may be reported to the Veterans Affairs Office in person or by telephone. Periodic reviews are conducted and changes in schedule are caught, but it is ultimately the students’ responsibility to report these changes before incurring an overpayment or possibly an underpayment.


Start your career at Schiller International University now!

Do not wait any longer! Contact our Admissions Team for further details. We will be happy to help you achieve your goals.

Any help? We are here for you