Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations
Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations: preparing global leaders
The Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations at Schiller International University is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to become global leaders. Political and economic problems often transcend national boundaries, which is why the program offers students a broad understanding of international relations, diplomacy, and global issues.
Why choose our Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations Program?
At Schiller International University, we prepare students to pursue careers in government, international organizations, law, business, journalism, or for graduate study in political science and related areas. Our program is built on the following pillars:
- Interdisciplinary Focus: Our program focuses on business, digital, technology, and sustainability to provide a holistic view of the challenges facing the world today.
- Global Experience: Students have the opportunity to study at four different international locations, providing them with a global perspective and real-world learning experience.
- Flexible Learning: We offer multiple formats and one course per month, enabling students to create their own personalized path and to balance their studies with other commitments.
- Real-World Learning: Our students get hands-on experience through practical learning and challenges with companies and organizations.
- Career Services: From day one, we provide students with direct access to international professionals, leading companies, organizations, and institutions to build a global employability path and reach their professional goals.
Job Outlook and career areas in Diplomacy and International Relations
The job outlook for political scientists with a degree in Diplomacy and International Relations is positive, with projected growth of 9% and 7,600 employment opportunities in the US market from 2020-2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Graduates from our program can pursue careers as diplomats, intelligence specialists, political analysts, lobbyists, and communication specialists.
What you will learn
Our Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations program prepares students to:
- Assess emerging political trends and practices related to international organizations and non-governmental sectors in view of current events and future developments.
- Propose solutions to public concerns based on data analysis and applying theories in International Relations.
- Evaluate theories and concepts of International Relations and their applicability to current and historical events.
- Critically analyze the importance of multilateralism as it relates to multiculturalism and global diversity on the practice of International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of current and historical events that have shaped International Relations.
- Justify the need to show awareness and respect for ethical issues and responsible citizenship as applied in the professional context of international relations and diplomacy.
- Integrate transferable skills in oral and written communication, teamwork, guided learning, and independent study.
- Foster scholarship and research in advancing international relations and diplomacy.
Join our Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations!
If you aspire to become a global leader and pursue a career in diplomacy and international relations, Schiller International University's Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations program is for you. Our program offers a unique blend of theoretical knowledge, practical learning, and a global perspective that prepares students for success in the professional world.
Let’s shine out there!