10 must-have student productivity apps
April 20, 2023
All Knowledge Areas
Imagine being an organized, productive, and successful student. Did you know that you can achieve this easily using technology? That's right! The tech revolution never stops, and we want to take advantage of it to help you make your study and learning process easier and more efficient. You just need the right tools to make it happen.
According to EdTech Magazine, mobile apps for students are becoming increasingly popular because they offer a way to interact with study material. The popularity of these apps has skyrocketed in recent years as schools and universities worldwide need to adapt to the technological revolution.
At Schiller International University, we know that falling behind is not an option, so here is a list of must-have apps that will help you stay focused and organized throughout your academic career in any of our Bachelor’s or Master’s programs:
- Notion is a powerful organizational tool that enables you to keep track of your notes, assignments, and projects in one place. With its customizable templates and easy-to-use interface, Notion is perfect for managing personal and academic tasks.
- Forest: If you have trouble staying focused while studying, this could be the perfect app for you. This app encourages you to stay away from your phone and focus on your work by planting virtual trees. The more you concentrate, the more trees you plant, creating a virtual forest.
- Grammarly is a grammar and spell checker that can be installed as a browser extension or as a standalone application. It's perfect for catching those pesky spelling and grammar mistakes in your essays and emails.
- Quizlet is a digital flashcard application that makes studying a breeze. With its extensive library of pre-made flashcards and the ability to create your own, Quizlet is perfect for memorizing exam information.
- Evernote is a note-taking application that allows you to take and organize notes, create to-do lists, and save articles and websites for future reference. It also has a powerful search function that makes finding your notes easy.
- Trello is a project management app that uses boards, lists, and cards to help you keep track of your tasks and projects. It's perfect for collaborating with classmates on group projects or keeping track of your assignments.
- Google Drive to store all your documents in the cloud and access your files from anywhere with an Internet connection. It also has built-in collaboration features that make it easy to share your documents and develop them together as a group.
- Genially is a tool that will allow you to create highly customizable presentations with interactive resources, making your presentation even more attractive. Imagine how you will impress your classmates and teachers with a presentation full of animations and gamification!
- Flipd is a study timer designed to help you stay focused and avoid procrastination. Its inspirational quotes and badges for achieving goals will motivate you to stay on track. In addition, you can also lock your phone or join virtual study rooms to increase your motivation further.
- My Study Life: This app is designed specifically for students. It allows you to keep track of your classes, assignments, and exams in one place. You can also set reminders and sync your schedule across all your devices.
- Duolingo: Learning a new language can be challenging, but Duolingo makes it fun and easy. The app offers lessons in dozens of languages, including Spanish, French, and Chinese. You can also practice speaking, listening, and writing in the language of your choice.
In conclusion, these are just a few of the many apps available with which you will be well on your way to staying organized, focused, and productive throughout your academic career. You won't believe how much easier they can make studying. You'll be unstoppable!